Beta Alpha Psi
Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) is an honors organization for Financial Information Students. It is open to students in Accounting, Finance, and Information Systems majors (including computer science, MBA, and Data Analytics). We have a vision to shape the financial and business information professions by developing members into ethical, professional, and confident. At BAP, we inspire and support excellence by:
Encouraging the study and practice of accountancy, finance, business analytics or digital technology.
Providing opportunities for service, professional development, and interaction among members and financial professionals.
Fostering lifelong ethical, social, and public responsibilities.
PROJECTS + EVENTS
The following Events and Projects are coming up soon:
1. Professional Meetings- Thursdays by 5:30pm at CH 316
2. BAP Regional Conference - Feb 2024
3. Best Practices Competition (Sponsored by Deloitte)- Dec 2023
4. The Baby Closet QuickBooks Project
5. Community service Initiatives
6. Excel training on Pivot tables
Joining Beta Alpha Psi will provide members with immeasurable benefits such as:
1. Networking Opportunities: Members can develop professional friendships and relationships through various networking activities. These include field trips to companies and firms, attending joint meetings with professional organizations, and service activities.
2. Professional Reputation: Beta Alpha Psi is recognized and respected by the business community as a premier collegiate organization. The reputation of Beta Alpha Psi can open doors to outstanding career opportunities in the fields of finance, accounting, business analytics or digital technology. Potential employers know that when they see Beta Alpha Psi on a resume, they are getting the best!
3. Internship and Job Opportunities: Beta Alpha Psi is a tremendous way to interact with professionals and future professionals from whom you may later wish to seek employment. It is also a great way to develop strategic contacts and relationships with faculty members who can provide good potential job sources and references.
4. Alumni & Member Network: BAP offers free access to Alumni and Member Network. Through this network, members can access professional development videos and build their professional network.
5. Project Collaboration: We provide a platform for members to collaborate on accounting, finance, and Information systems projects, enabling them to work on innovative and impactful ventures thus sharpening their mental, leadership teamwork and problem-solving skills.
6. Bonding Through Activities and Service: Members of Beta Alpha Psi have ongoing opportunities to participate in campus and community service activities. Service activities include participating in fund raising projects for charity, voluntary tutoring and assisting in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.
7. Access to Scholarships and Awards: Members of BAP have access to numerous scholarships and awards sponsored by BAP and its numerous partners.