Lambda Pi Eta
Lambda Pi Eta (LPH) is the National Communication Association’s official honor society at four-year colleges and universities. LPH has more than 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide.
LPH became a part of the National Communication Association in 1988, and the association's official honor society in July 1995. It is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).
LPH represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics.
Interested in Learning More? Go here: https://www.natcom.org/student-organizations/lambda-pi-eta
Interested in Learning More?
President: Tessa Hall
Vice President: Jaylie Postlewait — email@example.com
Secretary: Aaron Clark — firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Hana Risley — email@example.com
Scholarship: Ryuto Sagawa — firstname.lastname@example.org
The Six Goals of LPH are:
1. Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
2. Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
3. Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
4. Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
5. Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
6. Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies